The Language Learning Strategies Web-Blog

This "web-log" is devoted to the learning and teaching of language-learning strategies. While the strategies that are mentioned here could be applicable to ALL languages, the chief focus of this particular blog are strategies for learning English as a Foreign Language in Taiwan. Many students and colleagues have kindly volunteered their links, comments, and suggestions to creating this site. It is to these "language-friendlies" that this humble "blog" ("web" + "blog") is dedicated.

Friday, June 24, 2005

LET'S BEGIN WITH A LAUGH ...

This is one of the funniest songs that I know of in the English language! It is titled, "I'M MY OWN GRANDPA!"

READ THE WORDS and you will discover that, well, HE IS HIS OWN GRANDFATHER! ...

==================================

I'M MY OWN GRANDPA!


Many, many years ago, when I was twenty-three,/
I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be/
this widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red./
my father fell in love with her, and soon they too were wed./
This made my dad my son-in-law and really changed my life,/
now my daughter was my mother, cause she was my father's wife./
to complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy,/
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy./


My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad,/
and so became my uncle, though it made me very sad./
for if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother/
of the widow's grown-up daughter, who, of course, was my stepmother./

(Are we confused YET???)/

Father's wife then had a son who kept him on the run,/
and he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son./
my wife is now my mother's mother, and it makes me blue,/
because, although she is my wife, she's my grandmother, too./
Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild,/
and every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild,/
cause now I have become the strangest case you ever saw/
as husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!/


CHORUS:

Oh, I'm my own grandpa./
I'm my own grandpa./
it sounds funny I know but it really is so,/
Oh, I'm my own grandpa/
I'm my own grandpa/
I'm my own grandpa.../
it sounds funny I know/
but it really is so!/
I'm my own grandpa.../


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home